What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the colour of a default smoke brush

SHarrison

Hi All,

Im new to this forum, and i have recently downloaded so really cool Smoke brush effects but everytime i come to use them it only gives me a default colour of Gray :(

Can someone tell me how i can change the colour of the brushes....

Again sorry for something so simple to the experts :(

Hoogle

Guru
you should be able to just click any colour I use smoke brushes all the time no problem
check your image settings is not set to grey scale
image>mode>RGB colour hopefully

SHarrison

Hi Sorry for another question

But do you know where i can get a smoke brush set identical to the one i have attached......

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• BrushIdentical.jpg
    BrushIdentical.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 11

Hoogle

Guru
yep View attachment 4984

open up this image
go to select>all
then go to Edit > define brush preset it will ask you to name it then go to your brush selection window will be the last brush on there

Hoogle

Guru
that is instructions to create your own brush using an image you provided if you had not worked it out yet lol

SHarrison

Now iv only been using photoshop for about two weeks but i get the feeling im going to learn alot from this forum especially if everyone on this forum is like you Hoogleman!! Thanks again!

Hoogle

Guru
I dont think we have failed answering any questions yet and I know if I personally dont know something I will keep trying until I do know it to pass it on I like a challenge

SHarrison

Sounds good :) reason i asked about how to change the colour of smoke effects and anything else really, is because im creating a website and i want the smoke effect to come in from one side, but again its just trying to find that ideal brush to make what i think a reality.

**Update**

Is there a way of change how a brush looks, for example change the way the smoke is going without changing the hole brush if that makes sense?

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
if you go to windows>brush you will see a contral panel come up that lets you edit the brush directio rotation flip horizontal/ vertical etc 1 brush can have a 1000 different outcomes you can also change different lengths from if you click and drag a brush to have it repeat the brush 1 time per inch or 1000 times

Burned Ice

Power User
yeah sure its like blending options, you can change value's at brush presets

SHarrison

The brush i put a picture up of would have been ideal, but at the end of the brush it has a square finish...if that makes sense it doesnt gradually fade out is there a way i can change this?

Burned Ice

Power User
brush-shape-dynamics-choose.gif

if you can see this, just select the option that you want to edit (with those green vinks at the left) and the value's are then visible

Hoogle

Guru
give me 5 mins and your in for a treat just rendering a video and uploading it for you all will be explained

Burned Ice

Power User
pretty nice tutorial hoogle, you've got the 'tutorial-talent' :D

SHarrison

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thats was amazing!!!!!!! im gunna go try it, when i have finished my site ill post you the link so i can get a bit of feed back :D