What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Determining the size of a pattern brush?

B.Z.B

Recently started doing web design, and I love me some patterns, however some, like 'different vector pattern' (sorry cant post a link yet, its floral and widely used >_>), are pretty hard to see what the size it truly is just by looking at it. I ended up making a set of pattern overlay layers, side by side, and then transformed one till I could get the smallest size possible and it could be dupped above, below and left / right. There must be an easier way.

Hoogle

Guru
Have you got caps lock enabled if it is enabled then you just get a small cross on any form of brush if it is off then you should get an outline of the whole brush pattern

B.Z.B

Not sure if I follow, I thought the pattern size was determined by the brush size you choose (and no I dont no have caps lock enabled, I can see brushes fine). What I'm saying is as a web site designer I want to know the exact dimensions of it, so I can get the smallest img possible that I can repeat, instead of saving a giant 1920x1080 pic of the pattern I decide to run with.

For Difference Floral pattern that would be 250x250 for instance.

SeniorS

Guru
1. Take Paint Bucket Tool.
2. Choose options choose Pattern.
3. In pattern drop panel (list) choose which pattern you want.
4. Click on it.
5. Close pattern drop panel.
6. Move mouse over pattern apear in options and don't do anything. Info of patter will apear automaticly - dimension and color mode.

If you already choosed pattern just move your mouse over it Paint Bucket options and don't click.

P.S. Tricky one, i didn't know it myself, taked some time to find it :)