What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie screencaps

blooray

OK guys im a complete noob :redface: id be grateful for a nod in the right direction...basically i want a still shot of part of my favourite film made into a canvas to put on my living room wall, above my sofa. Ideally it would be around 3-4 foot by 1-3 foot. Is it possible to get a high res screen shop that would really look sharp IE photo quality. I have the film on blu-ray. any help would be greatly appreciated!:cool2:

SeniorS

Guru
I don't know about blu-ray, is it posible to get of it image and what dimensions it will have?

When i was young for such posters resolution for printing was using really small, from 100dpi to 150dpi at max.
So little calculation and for good quality you'll need from about 35cm x 17cm at 300dpi (4000x2000 pixels) image. If yours blu-ray can export such image (without any additional streching) then you should get nice poster (add some sharp etc.).

Hoogle

Guru
I would not use print screen or snipping tool you will need to use special software that has take snap shot ability of video pause it at the right spot then snap it. However the maximum resolution of a blu ray is 1920 x 1080 so you will need some good software to resize the image