What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with touching up a portrait

wildcat018

I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on removing dirt from this little girls hand (her right). I have tried everything I can think of but nothing looks natural.

Attachments

• DSC_0061.jpg
    DSC_0061.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Paul

Former Member
Just altered with curves and did a colour blend then did one more curve adjustment to make it look natural.

Attachments

• babyhand.jpg
    babyhand.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 11

Paul

Former Member
This is the last help request i will be doing, the times i have done this sort of thing through my love of photoshop, and to receive NOTHING in return. I watched the original poster stay here until i posted then just left, not even a click on the like icon, let alone a few words of thanks or rubbish would have been ok, atleast there would have been interaction with the person who posted the original request, so pissed off with takers/grabbers lately.
Sorry members for swearing but hey this sort of rubbish does my head in lately.

Hoogle

Guru
I don't know the circumstances in this case but have to agree hence now most things i post on is not here you go but more this is how you do it and never upload good versions. Before you know it you fulfill the original request and then there is always something else that needs doing

wildcat018

Belial, I wasn't being rude, I had this running in the background while I continued to work on the photo. I DO appreciate your help. And I was going to write back to you to personally thank you. I have always done so on this forum. Thank you for your help, and I am trying to give back as much as I can, however, I am new to this as well. I do not do this for a business, this is my daughter and I do photography and I am learning photoshop for FUN. Thank you for your help.

wildcat018

Belial, not to make you more mad, but I do have a question if you are willing to answer. Did you create a new layer isolating the hand to do the curves adjustment?

Paul

Former Member
No worries mate, you can do it that way, but all i did was draw around it with the free form pen tool then make selection feather set at 1 pixel then i do my alterations as seen fit.
My out burst goes out to all who just ask and run, i apologies for the rant but it is getting out of hand lately. As for answering questions if i can i will and do gladly, H i have to agree mate - and where you been lately?

wildcat018

I'm sorry people are sh*tty, but I do appreciate your help ;)

I will try it that way, I am not nearly having the success you did, and I have been working on it for an hour plus....

Hoogle

Guru
View attachment DSC_0061.psd maybe it is just Easier if you see what I did and you can fine tweak it to your liking just play with the adjustment layer. @ Belial I have been pre occupied with my Chemotherapy really messes with you and I have just been to tired to be able to do any kind of decent photoshop work but as I get more use to it I will be back more often I still check in but really there has not been much on here to grab my interest or I have been beaten to the punchline

Paul

Former Member
No worries wildcat, we all been there and stay there for hours sometimes, thats why we love shop, lol.
H mate you been through the wars of late - chin up bro.

Hoogle

Guru
could always be a lot worse and there is always someone somewhat worse of than yourself just being a bit more reserved lately and just love to take a back seat