What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to photo shop and need help

Kellie Risk

hi there i have Photo shop cs2 and i followed a tutorial on how to do a gold text effect and it turned out pretty good its saved on my computer, i was wondering if anyone could help me so i can add that text effect to another picture ?

Hoogle

Guru
if you have the psd still open it up open up blending options on the text where you added them to make it look gold and click new syle. Photoshop will ask you to name it and then it will save that effect in the styles preset which is the top option above drop shadow etc in blending options. That way whenever you type anything in the future you can just add that style to it with a couple of clicks. Or you could just save the 1 you alrady have as a png with a transparant background then just import it into any document

barsha

You can simply right click "gold text effect" layer and then choose "copy layer style", and in new layer or text layer right click and choose "paste layer style"

Kellie Risk

Here is the text effect i would like to add to another pic, how do i remove the black background?
kellien.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Hoogle

Guru
is the text layer seperate to the background that would be easier to delete the background layer and save it as a png
or maybe this will keep you going not as good though if you can remove the background on the psd it will be a lot better
Untitled-1.png
will only look good on a dark background though

Hoogle

Guru
I just went to select> select colour range then clicked the eye dropper on the black of the image made a selection then crank the fuzziness up then go to select> select inverse so just the letters are and copy and paste it to a new document with a transparant background and save the file as a png as it is the only format other than tiff or psd that will not set it as a default white background

I

IsolatedLegacy

My suggestion to start out with, never have the background and the text on the same layer. Make a separate layer for the background. That way you can work with just a little amount of the entire image at a time. So if you only want the text, you can get rid of the background easily. You can never have too many layers in my opinion. :D