What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

custom stroke

Feijao6

Hi

How can i make an flag, around an logo, like an stroke?

Like this ones:
http: //i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/michelin_12/rangers-1.png
http: //i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/michelin_12/liverpool-2.png

Remove the space, after http.

SeniorS

Guru
Don't quite understand? You want to know how to make stroke? Or you want some other image be visible around another image/object?
In these examples i didn't see flag.

Feijao6

You cant see the flag, around the logo.
Basicly what i want, in an image around another image, just like a stroke.

Feijao6

Anyone?

1 more example of the flags:

http: //i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/michelin_12/flaglogos1.png

In the real madrid logo, you can see the spanish falg, around the badge? Thats what i want.

SeniorS

Guru
Hmm...okey.

1. Make image above on in separate layer (or group).
2. Make image which will go under it in separate layer (or group).
3. Move last one under first one.
4. CTRL+click on top image layer in layer panel. That will make selection.
5. In menu Select/Modify/Expand choose how big that stroke will be.
6. Use that new selection as mask on image layer which is under (or how it better to call? Under layer?)

To make mask in menu Layer/Layer Mask/Reveal Selection (before that "activate" under layer by one click on it in Layer panel).

Should be done.

Feijao6

Hmm...okey.

1. Make image above on in separate layer (or group).
2. Make image which will go under it in separate layer (or group).
3. Move last one under first one.
4. CTRL+click on top image layer in layer panel. That will make selection.
5. In menu Select/Modify/Expand choose how big that stroke will be.
6. Use that new selection as mask on image layer which is under (or how it better to call? Under layer?)

To make mask in menu Layer/Layer Mask/Reveal Selection (before that "activate" under layer by one click on it in Layer panel).

Should be done.

i cannot understand step 4, can you explain? i make cntrl+click on the flag, but nit do nothing.

Hoogle

Guru
hold down the control key on your keyboard and click the layer with your mouse in the layer panel and it will load it as a selection

SeniorS

Guru
You should click on layer in Layer panel.
About that place where blue marker:
stroke.jpg

And not Flag (which as understand goes under main image) but on top layer which is above flag.

Or click once on that first layer and then in menu Select/Load Selection... choose in channel <layer name> transparency (new selection) - OK.

Feijao6

Ok, i have done that now, but i exnpand, by 5 pixels, and the lines, expand too, its all fine, but and next? Now im stuck here, sry im a newbie in here.

SeniorS

Guru

So click once on layer with flag in Layer panel (you can see that panel in screenshot above) so it gets that blue rectangle on him. Then do that Reveal Selection as writen above.

Feijao6

Ive make it, tks a lot!! You help me soo much, but just 1 more thing, how i make an action, to do all of this things?

Hoogle

Guru
open up the actions window and press record and it will record every step you do from there and then then when you stop it and save it should work and save it in your action panel

Feijao6

Sry but 1 more thing :p, in the flag around the logo that ive created, can i put an stroke of 1pixel, in it?

SeniorS

Guru
LoL :)

Okey...yes you can.
"Activate" flag layer. In Layer panel bottom is little icon fx. Press it and choose stroke. Adjust settings and press OK.

SeniorS

Guru
:D

That's okey. Ask more. That's not a crime.
If i'll get too tired i just will not answer but then someelse probably will.

P.S. For fundamental questions like "How to make Actions" or "How to make path" better is find good tutorial (it wil be more detailed) here or google.
And if then there is something that you don't understand then ask here.

Last edited: