What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a series of sepia photos that are the same shade.

tikitiki111

I wonder if anyone can advise me please? I am trying to create a series of images in sepia that are roughly the same shade. To do this I am desaturating the image and then going to Image> Adjust> Variations, moving the course slier down one notch less than the middle, clicking on more yellow once and then more red once and then I have sepia. But the shades of sepia I am getting from the photos varies markedly. Is there a way to 'measure' the colour levels of an image so that I could replicate them in the other images?I just need them to be a similar shade. Thanks for any advice that can be offered

Hoogle

Guru
desaturate the image and then go to image > adjust > photofilter and select the sepia and you get to choose a percentage. If that is not strong enough then desaturate the image apply a solid colour adjustment layer choose a brown you like and make a note of the colour reference number make it slightly darker than you like and then tweak it in the layer opacity once you have it how you like it then record an action doing all the steps.
open up actions window and press record then go to image > adjustment > desaturate
then click the adjustment layer icon select solid colour type in the reference number you previously chose then adjust the opacity of the layer
click stop recording action and save it as your sepia toning

tikitiki111

Thank you so much, I was feeling way out of my league! I'll print this out and have a shot at it now. What a great forum. Thanks again.

Hoogle

Guru
actually there is already a default sepia toning action
go to window > actions
scroll down to sepia toning and press play job done and then tweak it afterwards