What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to blend backgrounds without effecting main images

Revolution

Hi,

I have an image of one product with a shadow and need to copy the productto the left, blending in the black background, but keeping the shadows under eachproduct.

I have tried various different things, but don't seem to be getting very farbeing a novice.

You will see the desired structure of the shape of the image and you'll alsosee where the image needs to be blended.

If anybody could help that would be appreciated.

Many thanks Reg

Attachments

• SideBySide.jpg
    SideBySide.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 30

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
it may be best to have a uniform color, so what you do, is use the eyedropper to pick a relatively dark color on the image, and carefully use the paintbrush to colour around the image.
so you get something like this:
EXAMPLE2.jpg
(used the old image you had)

hawkeye

Guru
Select an area of the background to the left and copy to a new layer. Use transform to stretch it. Use a layer mask to blend.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 11

Revolution

Hi Hawkeye,

Many thanks for replying to the post.

I'm now trying this. I'm struggling with the layer mask bit.

I have copied the grey area on the left handside and created a new layer, beyond that i am little bit stuck. Can you advise what i have to do with the layer mask please?

Many thanks,

Reg.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
so i'll just sit here like a prune then? the way i did it is quite simple you know!
i would understand if mine was like superhard using 10 billion layers but it's not, its just 2 layers (or three) one image layer and one paint layer, the shape is quite simple to get around.

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
if it is just the line you want to remove then the 2 easiest options are to either grab the spot healing tool or just the healing brush and draw down the line of course it might not be perfect first pass just be carefull when you get to the edges though.
2nd easiest method would be to use a soft brush using the clone stamp tool with say a 30% opacity hold down alt and click next to the line to get a source point and paint over the line may also take a couple of passes.
Hawkeye is right though for the smoothest look it will be my choice
Zeealex method will work well also on a simple background like that especially if you set the brush mode to lighten or darken as that will only paint the pixels that are opposite to what you set it to and if it still is to strong you can change the layer blending mode that you painted on or adjust the fill/opacity level of the layer

Paul

Former Member
I think the mans ask has been replied to, Zeealex can i have a word in the staff room please....Carry on, nothing to see here now - move along.

Paul

Former Member
Its all recorded on three separate cameras 24/7 with audio.

Paul

Former Member
Yeah NASA say that a lot you know.

Paul

Former Member
Seriously mate you got to stop talking to strangers like that, one of these days there gonna whoop yo ass man.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i speak my mind, sorry if it's offensive, but y'know i have an opinion and even if they do whoop my ass i'll still have that opinion :p

Paul

Former Member
Good on ya mate, just pulling your tail. I laughed my swimmers off when i read your reply. It was like a small child asking for ice cream when the parents are talking and totally ignore the childs ask.

Revolution

Hi Zeealex,

Really appreciate your help with this and thank you for support. I didn't actually see your solution until the next morning.

It seems to work really well. Hope Belial was lenient on you in the staff room.

Thanks, Reg

ibclare

Queen Bee
I realize this problem is solved and all, but since the background stays the same, why not just marquee it and move it? Then make a selection of transparent pixels and run a gradient thru it or paintbrush it. One layer is all it takes.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Does nobody here like to use blend if but me? :)

I use it occasionally. I guess it's one of those tools I haven't explored much. Lots of those it turns out, lol. You do tutorials? I know the basic concept but don't entirely grasp it, if that makes any sense.