What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recreating Miami's U

Hi,

I've looked around all over the internet and I couldn't find the font that the University of Miami uses on it's U logo. I have found a font that is similar and it's called Zeros and looks pretty darn perfect. The only problem is I don't know how to color it so that it ends up looking like the U Miami uses. I don't know how to put green on one side orange on the other and a white line in the middle. Ultimately, I'd like to take those tips and turn it into a GRH logo using that design but I gotta learn this step first.

Thanks,
Tim

Paul

Former Member
Put the image up mate, lets have a look see.

Hoogle

Guru
if it is the U I think it is then it is created by duplicating the letter J and then flipping it

Sorry it says I can't post pictures or links until I get my post count up so here is the way to find it. If you Google 'University of Miami U' you'll see the logo.

Thanks

Hoogle

Guru
and here is a fully customisable template i mocked up for you in 300 dpi all you need to do is click each adjustment layer and move the sliders up and down or across in this case and it will change the colour to whatever you want I have also thrown in the orange background which is labeled background if you dont want a background then turn the layer off also the same with the other bits if you dont want some of it turn off the visibility save as a png image and then you can import that image on top of any image you like
View attachment university template.psd

university-of-miami-football-logo.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
and if the template is not good enough then you can just take that image you just uploaded desaturate it or make it black and white then go to edit > define brush preset and turn that image into a brush that will appear as the last brush in your brush panel and then just click anywhere on an image in any colour to get the logo

Paul

Former Member
You will never learn mate, tut tut tut.

Hoogle

Guru
well in this case I think I would have been wrong to watermark it as I do not own the design nor did I edit it just made it so you could change the colour and broke it down into elements but would be nice to know if I achieved what he wanted or if it was just crap that he went else where....

Paul

Former Member
He got what he couldn't do mate.

Sorry guys went to the Dodgers game all day. Thanks for the template I'll have to check it out in the morning. I appreciate all the help you guys are giving me.

Ok I opened up the template and it's awesome. Thanks alot. My only question is it possible for me to take that template and use it to make the letter G R and H into the same set up as that U? If you used double J to make it, any thoughts on what letters I could mirror for those letters? Thanks again.