What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texture blending? Clipping mask?...or what? help please.

Im trying to get this flyer to look more like its acctually ON the wood. i want to see the wood texture in the flyer without losing some opacity of the flyer....thanks in advance.
black wood flyer torn.jpg

SeniorS

Guru
I don't think you can have both at same time - same opacity (colors) and noticable wood texture.
Or you loose part(s) of flyer or only you'll know that there is texture over it.

I tried to copy flyer on that wood and set blending to Soft Light (dunlicated 3 times). Looked normal for me.
Or reverse. Copy texture over flyer with same Soft Light.

Anyway there to many diferent result. You'll have to choose yourself which effect looks good.

I don't think you can have both at same time - same opacity (colors) and noticable wood texture.
Or you loose part(s) of flyer or only you'll know that there is texture over it.

I tried to copy flyer on that wood and set blending to Soft Light (dunlicated 3 times). Looked normal for me.
Or reverse. Copy texture over flyer with same Soft Light.

Anyway there to many diferent result. You'll have to choose yourself which effect looks good.

Thanks for the advice..ill try it out now. i might just have to go with a wrinkled paper texture over the flyer. Thanks again for the good advice!

hawkeye

Guru
Copy the wood to a new layer above the sign. Try different blending modes and opacity to get the effect you're after. Mask as needed. I used Linear light at 60% opacity on this one.

Attachments

• ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 14
Copy the wood to a new layer above the sign. Try different blending modes and opacity to get the effect you're after. Mask as needed. I used Linear light at 60% opacity on this one.

thanks hawkeye... i used some of your tips and played around with it.

I duplicated the flyer, put the lower layer at soft light 75%. Then i left the upper duplicate at 100%. Used the eraser tool with a feather edge at several different pixel size and opacities to get the worn areas. Erased the wood cracks almost completly...here's what i got...does it look decent?

again thanks for the advice.:yourock:

black wood flyertorn revised.jpg