What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on editing picture

as to the hue saturation are you doing it as an adjustment layer and clicking the colourize box. If you still cant get it working just create a new layer fill with whatever coulour you want using the paint bucket tool, set the layer mode to overlay and lower the opacity.

as to the hue saturation are you doing it as an adjustment layer and clicking the colourize box. If you still cant get it working just create a new layer fill with whatever coulour you want using the paint bucket tool, set the layer mode to overlay and lower the opacity.
Thanks i got it now!! so here is the final output ( i really hope it looks good now)... thanks to you sir and for all guys here in this forum.. im gonna print this tomorrow and give me bro a BIG SURPRISE!! i really want to learn more from u all again i the near future... im so HAPPY!!! YAY!!

Attachments

• cuc.JPG
    cuc.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 13
I would personally soften the edges of the shadows they are to straight and looks like you have painted in black over the image with a hard brush. Use the original 1 as a guide you can see where the light naturally falls and then build on that. But otherwise YOu have come on a lot and I hope now you have a better basic understanding of how Photoshop works and can get more creative with your photo enhancement.

oh yea just by any chance.... what is the burn, dodge and sponge tool did? and what is the level shadows, midtones and highlight does?

well i know a bit that the dodge make it shine (or if there are other functions as well)? and i dont see what the burn does (i just follow what u do in video, LoL :p) and the sponge as well?

i just want to know what are their actual effect when applied on pictures... thank you! :)

Dodge increases highlights Burn increases shadows if you set mode to shadows it will effect the darker parts of the image midtones the middle part of the image and highlights the brighter parts. You may not see much difference when applying straight to the image however if you do it on a 50% GRay layer like in the video when you turn that layer on and off you see the difference. It is more of a fine tuning tool. However the sponge tool is like a sponge it will absorb the colour and desaturate the image where you paint with it depending on the percentage you select. If you change the mode from desaturate to saturate then it will brighten the colours and increase the hue etc.

so you are saying they are only best to use when we are applying 50% gray layer? thanks for the explanation it is quite confusing for me to grasp still.. lol... so the purpose of the tools is to help tune the picture?

You can apply it directly to the image but then that alters the image and after so many steps you cant reverse what you have done so depending how far into a project you are you may not want to just start again but if you do everything on none destructive ways ie smart filters smart adjustments or on there own layer you can always edit it or delete the 50% grey layer and start again or lower the opacity if that makes sense

okay that one i get.. so other than grey they are also useful to other colour of layers as well? will the effect be different?

any other colour will colour the image 50 % grey is neither black, white or any colour it is neutral so all though it is there it effects the image very little.

d_animality, once again I am going to say that I am very proud of you and your brother will be too. You have worked hard and asked great questions. In fact, I wasn't aware of using the burn, dodge tools on a 50% grey layer non-destructively so I will have to give that a go. Then I'll be the one asking Hoogle the questions :D. There is always something to learn.

Study photography and learn all about those kinds of edits and about what makes a good photo. Art design will help too. I always recommend that people who really want to produce "art" take art history and photo history. It helps put it all together and build your own sensibilities based on the work preceding our time. When you think about it, computers would never have come about if we didn't have centuries of mathematicians and thinkers. OK, nuf preaching out of me!

final word - just gave my bro the pic today and BAM!!!he loves it very much... hes kinda shock on how the picture turns out.. its very2 creative he said.. i told him that some gurus from far away help me edit it lol... thanks all... really hope to do this again in near future!! im satisfied now!! :D

Back