What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening a RAW file more than once ?

gr0don

Hi,

I have an image that needs a lot of work done with the white balance. (different light sources) I have had someone show me how to open the file several times with different white balance adjustments then merge them using masks and brushes. The only problem is I can't remember how to load the image more than once ?

I'm sure they were opened as copies or smart objects and the WB was changed when opening. so each one appears like a new layer only a different colour (due to the WB change) then we added the masks. But when ever I try to reopen the file it opens in a new tab in Photoshop.

I have spent several hours trying and going through youtube and google - I don't have much hair left ! :banghead:

I'm not sure if I have explained that properly or if that is easy to understand ?

Essentially I need to open a raw file, then reopen it as a layer with a different white balance one or two times.

If its not making sense I can try and upload some examples.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gordon.

One way of doing it, open the document then use File - Place and select the original document, this can be done as many times as you like.

Back