What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting multiple images into one document.

E30Adam

Hi all,

Let me introduce myself, my name's Adam and I'm getting into studio photography and looking to do something more interesting with my images. I'm looking to produce multiple images on a single print for my customers and as I'm fairly new to photoshop I'm not sure how to do it. I'm using CS5.

The effect I'm looking for is something like the image below. Am I barking up the wrong tree with PS, is there an alternative program I should be looking at that will do this for me?

Many thanks in advance, here's the image as an example of what I'm trying to achieve.

Screen Shot 2011-10-22 at 19.12.17.jpg

iDad

Guru
entirely possible with CS5

iDad

Guru
just open all the images in CS5 and place them all in one document and resize and position them where you want them using tranform tool

E30Adam

What's the easiest way to keep all the images in line or the same sizes with equal gaps?? I also want to do the same thing with different sized images which make up a clean rectangular outer edge (if that makes sense). I thought there might be templates to do this sort of thing? It jut seems a bit long-winded resizing everything and trying to get it all lined up?

Hi E30Adam

What you will need to do in this case is, get to know some PS tools like Ruler,grid and guides.

Those tools will help whit aligning and measuring different elements on your documents.

This may help Rulers, Grids and Guides

You can also use scripts, for resizing and positioning automatizacion, but that's a whole new story.

Paul MR

The Script Master
Ok, here is a method of using scripts. I have put together some useful scripts that are easy to install.

As a rough overview...
To Install the scripts, download the zip file and unzip it.
http://www.scriptsrus.talktalk.net/download/Album Scripts.zip

If Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to run Photoshop as Administrator to install
these scripts.
Right click on Photoshop and select Run as administrator.
In Photoshop
Files - Scripts - Browse
Browse to the folder where you have unziped "Album Scripts.zip" and select Install
Make sure in your actions palette you set to button mode.

Nice one Paul MR, this is going to come in handy on a project that is coming up quite soon!

Thank you!

Vafann

Guru
Oh wow! Thank you! This is going to come in very handy if I dare to try to install the scripts. I always think that if I touch something like that, that I am going to crash Photoshop.

Vafann

Guru
Hi all,

Let me introduce myself, my name's Adam and I'm getting into studio photography and looking to do something more interesting with my images. I'm looking to produce multiple images on a single print for my customers and as I'm fairly new to photoshop I'm not sure how to do it. I'm using CS5.

The effect I'm looking for is something like the image below. Am I barking up the wrong tree with PS, is there an alternative program I should be looking at that will do this for me?

Many thanks in advance, here's the image as an example of what I'm trying to achieve.

Screen Shot 2011-10-22 at 19.12.17.jpg

I had completely forgotten about this, I have this free program and it does exactly what you are trying to do, and a lot more, REALLY easy! It splits photos, lets you combine several photos into one, like you have in the picture, with lots of different alterable layouts and things. Just drag and drop. You do do quite a lot of fun things with it and it doesn´t cost anything. :)

Photoscape : Free Photo Editing Software (Photo Editor) Download