What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stroke path tool is not enabled once line has been drawn and selected

Seduce the enemy

Hi, this is my first post on here so hi everyone. I'm just having an issue with the stroke path tool, I have drawn a curved line selected all of the relevant setting in the top option bars, I am on the correct layer and am clicking on the line when I want to select stroke path tool but the option is not enabled no idea what im doing wrong. I am on photoshop 7 a bit in the dark ages.

Hi Seduce the enemy

Welcome.

Don't know about PS7, but i think it should work the same as other PS versions, in order to stroke a path you don't have to select anything, make sure you got your pen tool selected, and right click on your path, it should open a window in which you will be able to select the stroke path option.

This may help, Draw Dotted Lines With Photoshop/Stroke a Path Method

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi seduce, welcome. Pen tool is pretty much the same as always. I used PS6 till not very long ago. Hey, it gets lots of jobs done!