What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch merge 130,000 quintuplicate images - Get the best one and make a new dbase

Bj1200

I can't figure this one out. My gosh this sounds like a HS math test question.

How can I create one database while merging 9, and insuring I have the best image when multiples exist?

There are 9 sources (databases) of images.
1) Each database will have the same named image to the other databases but over time that image might have been cropped, resized, altered, in some dbases.
2) Each database contains images that are not in any other database.

EXAMPLE: 7 of the 9 databases have (cagedlion.jpg), a picture of a lion peaking through a cage door. Two of them have the cage sides cropped, 3 have resized the image for the web, and 2 are now just the face of the lion. I need automation to determine the best/largest one out of the 7 and put that in the new database. I don't think it's possible to manually look at all 7 at once and decide.

Does anything exist that can do this. Thank you so much for the help. The only thing I can think of is merging two databases at a time using copy/paste.

B12

Bj1200

OK, not one comment yet. I think the answer is this. Use face detection to put every image on a level playing field. Then use file size and pixel width to determine which of the multiple images is the best.