What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recoloring a car [but this time, not a different color]

pshgeek86

OK, so I'm fairly competent at basic Photoshop skills like lasso tool, color etc. but need to brush up on them.

I can recolor things at a basic level, but here's one problem.

This is my image:
4048581499_56829186ea_z.jpg

However, I am trying to recolor it so it has these markings on:
3791421269_01ea53d1ca_z.jpg

I can (just about) interchange things like wheelcovers, do recoloring etc. but how would I recolor the car and copy the police decals on to it - basically, use the second image's info and get it onto the first.

I managed to get the hubcaps to fit on the first image using the "warp" tool in Transform.

All help is appreciated; when this is up, I'll try and post it on a free photo site, like photobucket.com [should have a gallery up and ready with my Photoshop edits].

Thanks

iDad

Guru
As you stated "warp" tool in Transform. You'll probably get good results with that for the rest as well, I would try that first.(pretty sure with a little practice you'll get it right)

hawkeye

Guru
I would just recreate it on a new layer and transform/distort into place. Mask unwanted areas, door handles, seams, etc..