What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is wrong with this picture

slcotti

Negative went from Raw to Tiff to jpeg. While it looks ok in tiff, in jpeg there is an embedded pattern and color shift especially in vest. I am looking at file in IE9 and Tried to convert it in Ifanview and in Elements. Profile is Adobe RGB 1998 and tried to convert after changing to Don't color manage this document. Also went from tiff to psd to jpeg but that didn't help. What am I seeing?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Steve

Retired Administrator
Without a another image to compare it to there's no way to comment on color.
You can put the original RAW file in a Zip or Rar folder and upload it here, that would help.

Did you sharpen the image before saving as a JPG.
I'm seeing a pattern in the background that can come from over sharpening.

iDad

Guru
I am looking at this on iPhone so the picture is pretty small but it looks like the skin is smudged in a few areas maybe a color smudge that doesn't look right, what is wrong with the picture?

slcotti

Steve, I think you were right. I re-edited from the top without adding sharpening and it was much better. I also checked the amt of sharpening I had added and it was over the top, much more than I usually add. Thanks for the reply.