What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marque/Lasoo Tool leaves white outline

InPower

Hi, I have an image I'm trying to split into multiple layers. When I cut a section of the starting image out an paste it onto another layer it leaves a noticeable white outline or gap between the "background" and the cutout part of the image. How do I avoid doing this? I'm using Photoshop CS5.1. Thanks in advance.

Ivan Skoro

Copy the selected content in a new layer, and then move it with the "Move" tool (shortcut "V").

InPower

Yeah I tried moving the image around but it never quite fits. Here is an example of what's happening:
cutoutfail.jpg

InPower

99% sure I had feather set to 0. I'm pretty sure I turned AA off. Anyway found a solution copy the entire background layer onto another layer then cut it out. It seems to fix my problem. Thanks anyway to all those who tried to help me with my problem :)

Hi InPower

Well, I've seem this happening before, the way i work whit it is, once you got your selection, just increase it by 1px, and then copy and paste it on another layer, or create a new layer from it, then you'll see that your 1px gap will be gone, btw, this is just a work around that seems to fix this issue.

Hope this helps