What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice resizing pictures and saving selection

bosve73@yahoo.se

Hi

I take pictures of new employes and publish them to our intranet. Every time I take the picture from same distance and with same camera. I import the picture to Photoshop Elements 8.0 and resize it from 2592x4608 pixels to 800x1422 and then i make a rectangular selection that only shows neck and head. Then i cut the image to a new file and try to resize it to 100x145 pixels which is more appropriate for our intranet. Usually this method works but sometimes it can be very time consuming sometimes.

Is there a better way to accomplish the same task? Is it possible to make a selection which is exatly 100x145, save it and reuse next time?

Ivan Skoro

You could make an action, that automatically does everything, and you only need to save the image.
Send me one image, and I'll do it for you.
I think it will be possible, that selection part might be a little tricky, but there are plenty of other options.
My email is slashskoro@gmail.com

bosve73@yahoo.se

Thank you for your reply but I found on another forum a very simple solution:

Use the crop tool to make rectangular marquee, go to options bar, change width(100) and height(145) and resolution(72)
use the handles to fit image into the marquee, commit. Voila!

iDad

Guru
there is another forum like this one?
Thank you for your reply but I found on another forum a very simple solution:

Use the crop tool to make rectangular marquee, go to options bar, change width(100) and height(145) and resolution(72)
use the handles to fit image into the marquee, commit. Voila!

perhaps..but not better ;)