What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always get a light coloured halo around my selection.

FKPhil

unsave.jpg
Trying to figure out how to stick one image on top of another.
Select what I want, delete everything else, copy then paste into a new layer on top of the target background.
I can't get rid of the halo around the image!
Have spent many unhappy hour with the refine edge tool; am I missing something?

Hi FKPhil

What tool are you using to create your selection?

Once you got your selection try contracting it by 1 or 2 pixels it should fix your halo, "Select>Modify>contract"

Hope this helps.

FKPhil

I just had another go and didn't get the white halo.
I was using the quick selection tool but have now moved to the brush; I don't know if that made the difference.
Anyway thanks for your rapid response.
- Phil

DoTTGaMMa

Upload the .PSD file you are working on to a media sharing site such as Mediafire.com and then post the link here, That way we can further understand your work and instruct you how to accomplish your desired effect.

FKPhil

Upload the .PSD file you are working on ....
Wow, really? Great stuff.
It's here. hit the download button.
Host-A Hosting » Download leah in boat turtle.psd from fkphil
I really like the photo of my daughter in this boat, but the underwater part is a bit bland. The same day I also photod some fish & a turtle and thought I could maybe sneak them in. I don't think the turtle will work but the fish might.
I think I've avoided the white halo now but still need to figure out how to blend these things in.
Original photos here.
Host-A Hosting » Download 2011 13 july (107a).jpg from fkphil
Host-A Hosting » Download 2011 13 july (117a).jpg from fkphil
Host-A Hosting » Download 2011 13 july (68a).jpg from fkphil
Host-A Hosting » Download 2011 7 july (137).jpg from fkphil
Host-A Hosting » Download 2011 7 july (138).jpg from fkphil