What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing Text of Existing Blog Logo

AC75

Hello,

This is my first post and pretty much my first time doing anything with Photoshop.

I'm building a blog and the layout style that I'm using comes with a pre-designed logo. It's meant to be edited to include your own name/title. It's a .png image with a transparent background, an icon (I want it removed) and text that should be edited and updated. The font and style of the text should remain the same. How do I go about doing this? Is it particularly difficult?

Any advice or tips? Keep in mind I'm a novice.

Hi AC75

Welcome to PhotoShop Gurus.

You may want to upload a picture of the design in question, so we can help you figure it out the best way to achieve such task.

This is not really that difficult, it will be mostly just editing a text over a texture if that's the case, but as i mentioned before, whit out an image to work whit, it will be hard to determine the kind of design you are after.

Ok, I thought about doing that but wasn't sure it was OK, but here it is:

logo.png

Like I said, I'd like to know how to remove the icon image totally, and edit the text to whatever I choose as my blog title. Nothing more, nothing fancy.

If you have photoshop, I would just scrap this and do the text myself.

If you specifically require that font, try and find out the font name. Otherwise, just type the text you want, and either use a hard drop shadow in blue, or find a simple 3D letter tutorial for photoshop.

The easiest way is to copy your text layer, recolor the letters to dark blue, say, then offset the layer. Continue dpulicating the last layer and repeating the steps to offset it. You can a super-easy "3D" effect.

Agent

just import the png in photoshop and then hit ctrl + a, your project will be select the whole area and then press delete, the icon and the text will be deleted.. then follow the instructions that agentmoeller posted..

Back