What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Square Brush help

arcedude1

Hi i am pretty new to photoshop CS5 and i just recently started a new project the involves pixel art. I am working on 16x16 images. There are not any perfectly square brushes preset in and no matter how many times i try to make a custom square brush, it just comes up with fuzzy pixels around the edges. Ive looked through all the forums and none of them solved my problem. HELP!

Cbez

Hi Arcedude1,
Create a file 16x16. Select the pencil tool and set it to 1px in diameter.
With the zoom tool selected click in the option bar "Fit screen", the pencil tool pointer will appear as a square and you should be able to reach your goal.

Hoogle

Guru
There are square brushes preset in photoshop just load them up hopefully this picture will show you how.
square.jpgJust follow the yellow highlights

arcedude1

k. Thank you so much. now i can finally finish this. by the way. the preset square brushes just end up the same way so im going to use the pencil.