What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, need help with action.. Or automation...

Ctrl+Z

Hello :)

I'm wondering if someone can help me (I know it's rude to ask for help right away) but I am in distress :redface:

What I'm trying to do is to create a background of brushed metal, then I'd like to write text directly in the centre, either on a brushed metal button or as an engraving...

I've seen a tutorial here
Etched metal text in Photoshop « Tim Bennett’s Blog
And although it's not exactly what I need I tried it anyway and.. Well... It didn't go well? I think I'm following it perfectly and I'm not a photoshop person, but I did try to follow it perfectly and it didn't come out as expected :redface:

So I was hoping/wondering if anyone knew if there was an action of this or similar that would allow me to run it, enter the text manually, then it would finish its self off?

Does anyone know if that's possible or could any photoshop gurus help me if they wouldnt mind.

I found an apple style brushed metal background so thats good, found that website so again thats a plus... But its not yet come together for me :(

Running an action or automation or something over the brushed metal background that adds an engraving/etching or button with text or something like that would be amazing.

I'm sorry for asking for help right away but I've searched all over and come up with nothing,

Hope someone can help,
Thanks in advance,
Nat

Twelvebitstyle

I might be over simplifying this, but you could just apply the layer style from that tut that you linked to your text on top of the brushed metal background.