What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books on CS5?

DW Rare Coins

I'm waiting for my copy of CS5 Design Premium that comes bundled w/ CS5 Photoshop extended (arrives Tuesday) and I would like to pick up the best book(s) to help me hit the ground running. So far I've narrowed the list to "Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers:" and "Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5" but this was only from reading reviews on Amazon. Are there any other books I should put on my list? I am skilled with PS 7, which I'm sure is lightyears behind CS5 so I'd consider myself just one click above newbie.
Thanks!

I really liked Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a book to start from the beginning. In my opinion this book is well explained and aimed to teach the program from the ground up.

I agree with Cbez, I have the same book and although fairly basic it is an excellent place to start with CS5, there is also enough in there to help lead you onto some of the more advanced areas when your ready. Specifically good for you this edition places a fair bit of emphasis on what is new in CS5.

Good Luck :)

Back