What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seting a stroke path? CS3

ApacheOmega

I'm trying to right click and set a stroke path and when I right click to bring up the small menu, stroke path is Greyed out and wont let me select it
why is that and how can I change it
in CS5 its available in the menu to select instead of being greyed out
Please help!!!!!!

Furio

When the pen tool is active, you'll see several options in your options bar.

Option 1 allows you to draw a shape while drawing your path. Basically it's nothing but a solid color adjustment layer with a vector mask.

Option 2 allows you to draw only the path

You can't stroke a path if option 1 is selected, so this option will be grayed out. In most cases you will notice it immediately when you're drawing a shape, but if your foreground color is identical to the background color of the layer you're working on, you might think you're drawing a path, when you're actually drawing a shape. So make sure that option 2 is selected.

Attachments

• path.jpg
    path.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9

ibclare

Queen Bee
IDK if this answers it, but if you are click inside the canvas and the work path is not selected/highlighted in the paths panel, your options will be greyed out. If you right click inside the path panel, it doesn't matter if the work path is selected or not. You are using the pen tool for this path?