What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopefully an easy project for somebody

fordhead1983

I restore antique tractors and farm equipment for a hobby for both myself and several friends in the area. The most recent challenge I've come across is a plow I own. Across the top of the frame is stencil painted "No. 8 Tractor Plow". I've seen several examples of this, but unfortunately they are quite old (50+ years old) and are quite corroded and generally difficult to replicate. I'm turning to you guys out there to help an old farmer out. Attached are some of the pictures I've come across that could hopefully give you guys out there something to work with. I'd like for you guys out there to sharpen the images up, combine them, and turn them into a simple black and white stencil that I can print on some heavy stock, cut out, and just spray paint onto the frame. Thank you all very much for your help!

100_0136.jpg100_0138.jpgimg_2983%20(2).jpgLittle Genius #8 - Red Power Magazine Community.jpg

Jared

fordhead1983

Thanks for your joking efforts. I was hoping to get a little bit more of a serious effort though. I guess I should explain the situation a little bit better. This plow originally bought by my father in '43. He used it for quite a few years before he passed away in '67. Since he was of the older generation, he didn't have any life insurance, and had accumulated quite a large debt trying to keep the farm afloat. We had to sell everything of his and my mothers to settle up with the debt, so it all went on auction. Flash forward to 2 years ago, the son of the man who purchased it (very close family friend) got in touch with us and told us his dad had passed away and wanted to see if I'd be interested in purchasing the plow back from him. Of course I was, and I bought it back. This is the only thing I have left of my father, aside from some pictures and knick knacks I was able to save from the sale. I'd like to restore it back to 100% original condition and give it to my son as a birthday present. He'll be turning 29 in February, and has been asking a lot about his grandfather and the farm I grew up on. So please, any serious help is greatly appreciated. Help preserve my father's memory. Thank you all.

Is this what you were after?
View attachment 11680
If you click on the image, and make it full size, right click and save as.
It will stay the right size, as it reduced in size to show on here.

Last edited:

fordhead1983

It looks pretty close, except the "O" and the "C" I think are a bit more open, and the "8" looks more like an "S", quite a bit more closed up. I realize it's just the style of font that you can get on Microsoft Word, but I was hoping somebody could help me by deriving the stencil from the pictures. Thanks!

Jared

The gap at the bottom of the C in your picture looks like it was supposed to be like this one in the first place, other wise looks exactly the same. I've had to alter the O and 8 by hand, as I can't find the exact font.

View attachment 11682

fordhead1983

Looks really really close! Like I said though, the dimensions are a bit off from what you had the first time. 3/4" tall 12" long. And the "A" has the gap on the "crossmember" on the "A" on the other side. But so far, it's looking better!

Here we go, everything the right size and I think the letters are as close as I can get them, or at least I can't see anything else.

Download from here!

Can't put in here because of the dimensions.

fordhead1983

Thank you so much sir! It's just about perfectly what I needed! I'll be sure to post the final picture of what it looks like when it's done. :cheesygrin: