What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

color correction in Imac screen

fbech

Hello, I am designing a dossier about a musician, photos from this dossier have to be send for web site of this artist as well

I am doing the color corrections, levels, contrast etc. of these photos with photoshop and the Imac screen. Is this reliable? what would the proper way to do this? I want to get the same levels and colors that I see now on the imac screen in the PDF dossier and web site, the dossier will be also printed

So far , I have seen everything is much darker when printed at home

Thanks a lot!

Printing is a trip to say the least, you need to get the "dot gain" specs from the printer you are going to have print this content, and the black and white points as well.
If you are printing it yourself, in the print dialog box, i find it works better to set the "color management" option, to "printer manages colors" instead of "photoshop manages colors"

Hope this helps, look for more great tips on my site, iammrknowitall.com

Hello, I am designing a dossier about a musician, photos from this dossier have to be send for web site of this artist as well

I am doing the color corrections, levels, contrast etc. of these photos with photoshop and the Imac screen. Is this reliable? what would the proper way to do this? I want to get the same levels and colors that I see now on the imac screen in the PDF dossier and web site, the dossier will be also printed

So far , I have seen everything is much darker when printed at home

Thanks a lot!

I have same questions and i already encounter it like this.. I've been searching in google i can't find the exact answers... This color correction is difficult....

Last edited:

Back