What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a workflow to achieve bright vibrant photo's

uavmx

Well it was touched on above, but yes, you should have Nikon's "Picture Control". In there are presets for mono, standard, nuetral and vivid. Vivid really cranks it up, but you can go even FURTHER than that. Make a custom control, based on vivid, but crank up the saturation another 2-3 clicks and I cranked up the sharpness a bit too. This new setting is my go to setting for anything that is artistic. For people I put it onto standard. Nuetral is more for like shooting products, where you want a very accurate color, mono is obviously B&W.

For my white balance, I keep it on Auto, but with my camera you can still adjust it....So I keep it on A3 typically. This give you very vibrant warm colors. You can go the opposite to B3 if you are shooting something more white/blue that you want to pop.

This website is great and where I learned my foundation. Google kenrockwell (it won't let me post a link because I'm new here.)

Justin