What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to copy this kind of layer styles?

Windows7

Power User
Hi,

The last period i found an effect that makes my photos great and i begin with to change from rgb color to lab color then ctrl+m and etc. etc. ... .

But what took my attention is is that i just can't copy that layer style to another photo which i want to make it exact the same or kind of.

How can i solve this?

Here's an image:

10.jpg

iDad

Guru
right click the layer you want the style from it will automactily been added to your styles
View attachment 12175

JustinR

First create adjestment layer, this layer will effect all the layer behind it. To use it on singular layer press alt and hover between adjestment layer and your layer, two circles appears click them.

Furio

right click the layer you want the style from it will automactily been added to your styles
The option Copy Layer Style doesn't not copy the layer styles to your styles, it just places it on the clipboard.

First create adjestment layer, this layer will effect all the layer behind it. To use it on singular layer press alt and hover between adjestment layer and your layer, two circles appears click them.
What you're talking about is an adjustment layer, turned into a clipping layer. The original poster however wants to use an existing layer style on a different photo.

One way to save a layer style is shown in the attachment below (notice the New Style... button in the larger window).
Another way is selecting your layer that has your layer style attached to it and clicking on the Create new style button at the bottom of your styles palette.

Attachments

• layerstylessave.jpg
    layerstylessave.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: