What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with text layer in same position

lanc_red

Hi.

A little brief - I take pictures for my local football (soccer) team and post editing includes cropping and adding a watermark for copyright. At present I have my watermark that runs accross the center of the image and is the same size text layer regardless of images crop. sometime this can often distort the main image, but its opacity is quite low so its not too bad.

Ive since been trying to revamp my watermark & would like it to be in the bottom right corner of the image on every picture I post edit. As said the post edited image could be any size crop. When I say bottom right corner, I dont mean absolute. Kindof floating a few pixels from the baseline & right edge.

Ive been playing about with creating actions and can get the text layer onto the background layer, but obviously the image needs to be the same size as the original that the action was created on. The text on some images is cut off as the size is different.

Ive read about that it may require a script in order for the x & y coordinates to be plotted then the text layer is addded, but im going to struggle with this.

Is there an easy way. Can anyone give me a helping hand and advise further?

massive thanks to Paul MR for the response & link to script. Does exactly what I want with a little tweaking to add flatten image, size reduce and save as. Heres an image of what I wanted it to do for me.

Would love to learn the internals on the script. Is there anywhere where I can have a look at the dev code?

afcf_vs_fsfs_2323_006.jpg

The script is just a text file but with a .jsx extension
To view/edit the script open the script with ExtendScript Toolkit this gets installed with Photoshop.

Back