What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prints appear as brown-tinted monocolour using CS3 and iP4500

canbera

Using CS3 and a Canon 5-cartridge iP4500 Printer I suddenly have this problem of all prints appearing in a brownish tinted mono-colour with .jpg files . The attachment "Untitled.jpg" appended here shows the page which appears in CS3 when I select PRINT.
The printer is indicating that all carttridges are showing normal ink content.

This has only happened recently - previously with this printer I have had normal full colour prints and I'm wondering whether there has been some change in the printer setup. I intend to re-install the printer using its original installation disk as I understand this sets up the printer automatically but I'd like to hear if anyone in this Forum has any ideas first. Is it possible to tell if there are any settings which might have caused this problem from the attached file ?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 4

Steve

Retired Administrator
Printer Profile should be the paper you're printing to, not what you have listed, and any and all color management setting in the printer should be disabled.
You can also try cleaning the print heads.
I assume you're using Canon ink otherwise all bets are off.

canbera

Printer Profile should be the paper you're printing to, not what you have listed, and any and all color management setting in the printer should be disabled.
You can also try cleaning the print heads.
I assume you're using Canon ink otherwise all bets are off.

Thanks for the reply. I seem to have sorted this out . A deep cleaning of the print heads and a nozzle check revealed problems with the Cyan colour. Replacing this cartridge seems to have cured the problem.
Thanks for the prompt reply-much appreciated.