What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

replacing faces

lockmaster96

I have a photo of an old fortune telling machine. I would like to replace the fortune tellers face with the face of a real person. The "new" photo is to be used as part of a presentation. I have tried using the lasso to remove both faces but I cannot merge them. The one photo is not free standing .jpeg that is not in the photoshop program
Thank you for any help provided.:banghead:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Merging faces is easy becasue you don't have to make selections.

Place the fortune telling layer on top of the layer with the other face and lower the opacity so you can see the face on the layer below.

Move that layer in line and transform the size if you need to. I usually line up the eyes and nose.

Put a layer mask on the top layer. The colors will go to default B&W. Put your opacity back to 100%.

Select the brush and use black -- this will reveal the layer below. At first use a hard brush then experiment with the softness/hardness and opacity. Go back and forth with the white and black. White conceals; will bring back some of the fortune teller's face.

See what you get and post your results so we can rip them apart. Just kidding!!

Last edited: