What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complex hair selection and color change

sage blonde.jpg

Hi! In the above photo I need to change the hair color. I have searched and watched many PS tutorials on complex hair selection. None of them have been able to help me find the best way to select all the hair, even the wispy strands to change the color. I was hoping maybe someone would be able to help me figure out how to do this so I can finish the photo.

Thank you for taking the time to view my question :)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hair is sometimes the most dhallenging to work with. You can try masking the hair and applying a Hue&Sat adjustment layer.

In some cases - like in your image, a little imagination , small size brushes and help with a tablet, you can paint in hair.

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried painting the hair before but didn't use my tablet so I think I will give it a try that way. The girl's hair color now has more highlights and different shades, so I can leave some of the platinum blonde color visible. Thanks again for offering some help & suggestions :)