What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Default brush going outside of elliptical selection

mr_cb7

Hello,

I'm still fairly new to PS CS5.5 and I'm trying to create this tutorial I found.

Tutorial: http://www.tutorial9.net/tutorials/photoshop-tutorials/creating-the-windows-vista-lighting-effect/

The problem I'm having is every time I attempt to create the glowing lighting effect around the elliptical selection with the default brush set to a size of 200px at 0% hardness. There is always some pixels that seep through the selection instead of making a clean line. I have looked through the brush settings and I can't find out what is causing this?

psproblem.png

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• psproblem.png
    psproblem.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
It looks as though you have a feather set on the marquis tool. Look across the top bar where the qualities of each tool are displayed. You'll see a box marked feather. Just make sure it is set to zero.

mr_cb7

It looks as though you have a feather set on the marquis tool. Look across the top bar where the qualities of each tool are displayed. You'll see a box marked feather. Just make sure it is set to zero.

Thanks that worked.