What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outline a car?

Endlesskillcam

Hello, this is my first post on this site (i'm glad to have found such a site). I have a question on how i can re-create an image i've seen on a shirt, but with my own image.
Image i have:
170 027 copy.jpg
Image i want to re-create:
6898065922_5ea5e492da.jpg
I am not a complete noob at Photoshop, i know the basics, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

AbdulW87

Power User
is this what you are looking for

170 027 copy.jpg

i used the filter>stylise>glowing edges and choose the settings you like, you might have to use a layer mask to remove some excess edges.

Hoogle

Guru
I would reccommend unlocking your background layer and under that layer put a colour that you want your car to be then a hue saturation adjutment layer then your car.

On your car layer go to filter > stylize find edges.
Invert your layer then right click the layer and select blending options in the main blending option window you will see a blend if set of sliders play with them .

Adjust your hue saturation layer until you get desired colour

Add a levels adjustment layer to darken out the rest of the image.
your end result will be similar to this

170 027 copy.png