What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS CS5 add text to formula 1 car with curves and reflection MAKE IT LOOK REAL

mighty

i'm new to photoshop but i learn quickly, i know how to change colour on a car and still look real
i want to add text to the car below where the wing is and tyres with the word Mighty
formula-1-cars.jpg
the reason for this car becasue its challenging and difficult for me
can anyone help?

oxonium

For the color change just add an Hue saturation adjustment layer. Then in the drop down menu that says "Master" Choose "Red." Now click the left eye dropper tool in your adjusment panel below the "master" Dropdown menu. (not in the tools bar) and click the red part of your car in the image. Move the Hue slider around and you will only change the red in the car. the eye dropper chooses what color you effect.

AbdulW87

Power User
For the color change just add an Hue saturation adjustment layer. Then in the drop down menu that says "Master" Choose "Red." Now click the left eye dropper tool in your adjusment panel below the "master" Dropdown menu. (not in the tools bar) and click the red part of your car in the image. Move the Hue slider around and you will only change the red in the car. the eye dropper chooses what color you effect.

I would use the selective color adjustment layer rather than hue/saturation but then again there are multiple ways to achieve an effect. Here is what i got with it.
F1colorchange.jpg

at what part of the wing do you want to add the text?

mighty

where it says Marlboro on the back wing and please can you give me a step by step guide as im new to photoshop

AbdulW87

Power User
where it says Marlboro on the back wing and please can you give me a step by step guide as im new to photoshop

For the color change i normally begin with duplicating the base layer so in case something goes wrong you can return to your original picture. then select selective color from the adjustment pallet (which in my photoshop is above layers pallet - interface varies) adjust the color to your liking. For the text i will give it a go and see what i come up with it wont be easy and a lot of transformations would be required.

Paul

Former Member
All the advertising red as changed to blue also, needs tidying up a lot really.

AbdulW87

Power User
All the advertising red as changed to blue also, needs tidying up a lot really.

agreed, i was showing how to basically do it :D. didnt use the mask to reveal the original color of the advertising.