What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragging pictures and moving things in photoshop?

Bubbles3

I have a trial of CS6 extended. I'm trying to make a flyer and nothing's going right. How do I move a picture from a website into photoshop? It's not letting me drag it and when I copy and paste it, the photo shows up very small in photoshop (and when I try to enlarge it it becomes all pixel-y). I have no idea what to do. I'm also having trouble moving things - I have some text written on the flyer, and I can't move the text. I know you're supposed to use the arrow thing at the top of the toolbar, but it won't work. The same goes for the picture, when I try to move it, it won't move. I'm on the right layer for each, and neither layer is locked, so I don't know what's going on. This is really important, can anyone please help me?

ethan1178

To put a picture from the internet to Photoshop you need to drag the image to your desktop. then put then drag that image from your desktop to photoshop. It might come out small because the image size is small and when you enlargen it alot the image becomes lower quality. Try to find a larger size image of that image?

peta62

Guru
For the second part of your question do you select it before you try to move it ? And is the layer picture in focus not for example the mask ?

ibis

Power User
it may be in the type of downloaded image sa well.
some of the internet contens are saved as .png images and may be locked as layer. trick is to make rectangle selection, duplicate the layer and dragndrop new layer on the desired position. as well you may want to select "large images" or choose given resolution of the images during the browsing for them to omit the small in size.