What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can i add text to image and keep the reflection

mighty

hre-wheels-ferrari-458-italia.jpg
i want to add text and keep the flections so that the text looks real i need help

peta62

Guru
I would create mask from the text and then change the colour, probably by hue or colour filter.

AbdulW87

Power User
^seems like you followed the tutorial. awesome outcome btw. The Ferrari logo somewhat feels like pasted on maybe apply a little wrap to adjust it to the contour of the hood.

peta62

Guru
I've downloaded whole 734kb picture and I do not see any problem with logo, just the frame may be out of the flat part of the hood, the rest seems excellent to me.

ibclare

Queen Bee
OK, this is cheating I suppose :mrgreen: ... I made this awhile ago when we were having chop shop challenges. I used this same tutorial and it's a good one, really clear and easy to follow. Here is one of my results:

PIMP_1_original.jpg PIMP_1.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
Had a little play!

Really great job Chad. This vehicle has a lot brighter reflection than the one I did. It's really a fun technique in this tut.

The Ferrari logo somewhat feels like pasted on maybe apply a little wrap to adjust it to the contour of the hood.

I used a displacement map rather than warp, at least initially. I don't remember and can't tell from the psd if I also had to warp it a bit, but it seems likely.

Last edited:

AbdulW87

Power User
I used a displacement map rather than warp, at least initially. I don't remember and can't tell from the psd if I also had to warp it a bit, but it seems likely.

Displacement map skipped my mind, thanks clare for for giving a pro tip.

Paul

Former Member
New layer made from just the car, then make another new layer with the head on it and warp into position, i did the same with the chick king (my hero) i then placed the car only layer on top of both and made it a 'soft light' setting set at around 80% - both of the new images applied i just lowered opacity by 10%.

mighty

thanks for the link but i need step by step instructions please as im a beginner to photoshop

Some of the techniques used to do this may look easy, but are quite advanced, like making a really good selection. If you are a beginner at Photoshop, may I suggest that you will benefit more from starting with the basics. This way, when you get to being described how to do something like this, you will understand each of the procedures. I blame the media, calling any picture with a change of any sort, "Photoshopped", making everyone think they can get Photoshop and press a button on the keyboard, and everything is done automatically. There are lots of beginners tuts on youtube, which are specific to the version of Photoshop you are running, so everything will be the same as what you have. Good luck!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Mighty, I totally agree with sprucemagoo. If you had trouble following that tutorial then you do need to learn the basics of PS. You may be able to follow a tutorial and produce something cool but do you want to be a one trick pony?