What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing a headshot...suggestions?

Inspired

Hi everyone, I'm lightly touching up a headshot. In the photo, the subject's hair has a piece that is standing apart from the rest. I can try to "erase" it, but that would make her hair look a bit thin on the one side. How can I fill in the space between to look like natural hair? I kind of discovered that darkening it fills it in, but makes the hair too dark (she has ash brown hair). Suggestions? Thanks!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
One way is to use the clone tool to clone in the hair to add fullness.

Best to upload your image to see what we're up against... :D.... maybe a better idea can be found.

ibis

Power User
comb was invented long time ago...
word headshot may be misunderstood in some languages, and it doesn't sound nice.
hair is very delicate to edit, as you may see it's begining and the end.
i would take a patch that is causing problems select it feather the selection then warp it into place.
you may make multiple copies of the layer to cover all the space.
alternatively, you may select the other side of the "headshot" flip it horizontaly, and try to fit it into place.