What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senor

" The image is larger than the paper's printable area; some clipping will occur." What is this and how do i fix it?? Really need a quick answer I am in a great hurry!!

Thank you in advance.

Fatboy73

Guru
I'm definitely not an expert on the print side of things, but it means that the image you want to print is larger than the standard 8.5x11 paper, and you will most like lose some of picture. You need to go to image re-size and change the dimensions of your picture so it fits your paper.

ibis

Power User
I'm definitely not an expert on the print side of things, but it means that the image you want to print is larger than the standard 8.5x11 paper, and you will most like lose some of picture. You need to go to image re-size and change the dimensions of your picture so it fits your paper.
correct.
from my practice:
images taken by the modern cameras are in 4:3 proportion, most of the professional cameras do it in 3:2 called golden ratio or golden cut.
none of these is fully compatible wit the standard paper sizes that are different proportioned.
so what you may do is to clip out parts of the photo on the print or shrink it down with"shrink to paper size or fit to media or whattever similar" in your printer options.
alternatively, you may open the blakn canvas image, drag your image onto it and then clone stamp or however else fill in the blank space.

Fatboy73

Guru
correct.
from my practice:
images taken by the modern cameras are in 4:3 proportion, most of the professional cameras do it in 3:2 called golden ratio or golden cut.
none of these is fully compatible wit the standard paper sizes that are different proportioned.
so what you may do is to clip out parts of the photo on the print or shrink it down with"shrink to paper size or fit to media or whattever similar" in your printer options.
alternatively, you may open the blakn canvas image, drag your image onto it and then clone stamp or however else fill in the blank space.

Thanks for expounding. :)