What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alt Key Problem for the Clone Stamp tool - It Doesn't Work In My Environment

ph889888

Hello,

I have a PC laptop with Window OS Vista and Photoshop CS6. I could not make Alt key + Click to work for the Clone Stamp tool.

I used Alt+Click an area to define the source point and then I use the clone stamp to pain a different area. When I tried to paint, I got a message - "could not use the clone stamp because the area to clone has not been defined (Alt+Click to define a source point)". When I used Alt+click to pick up source area, I saw a double cycles with crosshair in the center, I thought it took the sample source. Apparently, it was not.

Please advise what I can do to fix this problem.

Phoebe

Someone else was having this problem.

I had a problem with the clone tool always displaying "could not use the clone stamp because the area to clone has not been defined" whatever I did - I even reinstalled PS.

The problem turned out to be a window resizing utility that I was running (KDE-SizerXP - an otherwise really nice little prog) that hooks the 'Alt' key.

Suspended the utility and.. sorted :¬)

Do you have any programs like that by any chance? It could be causing you the problem.

Dom - Thanks for the reply.

No. I don't have KDE-SizerXP installed in my laptop. I opened control panel/programs & features. I did not see anything suspicious.

Phoebe

:thumbsup::thumbsup::naughty::naughty:

I uninstalled several pieces of software from control panel/Programs features. Now, the Alt key works but don't know which uninstalled software made it work.

Phoebe

reinstall one at a time...check your alt key. unless all programs were unused.

Back