What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create this mask layer?

Sagradas

I am a new After Effects editor and asked my designer friend for a mask I could use on some footage. She created this mask off a still frame and I was wondering how that mask was created in photoshop.

PS. I know this isn't the place to ask, but if anyone's also familiar with AE and knows how to quickly create the same mask in that program that'd be even more helpful. The way I know how to do it is by drawing it in with a pen but hers is much more symmetrical and was created far more quickly, I'm guessing off a generic effect or preset...

Thanks in advance, :)

Sagradas

Attachments

• Help me, Yong Su.psd
    12.8 MB · Views: 11

Sagradas

Ahh that's clever, thank you Chad.

Perhaps the 'teach a man to fish question' would be how can I reverse engineer people's layers so I can see what they did without having to ask? My noobish instincts take me to things like blending options which are nonexistent for these layers, where do you go/what do you do to see what a layer is doing?