What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text Color

Ruidoso Bill

I was able to change text color but I must have clicked something and now I cannot change text color. I highlight the text, click on the color box on the toolbar which seems to be stuck on light grey, pick for example red click ok and it remains light grey. I may have clicked something that caused this. I am new as you can probably tell, please help.

besmirched

Power User
Are you clicking on the colour picker from the top tool bar?

Attachments

• typing.jpg
    typing.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2

besmirched

Power User
When I first started with ps I used to try changing text colour from the left hand colour picker but I learnt that I needed to use the top colour picker in the text toolbar. I dunno what your problem is then :(

typing2.jpg

If the color picker won't change the gray, open the COLORS tab, that has preset color boxes. Pick a colored box and see if that eliminates the gray.

Agent

Berbatov

Is the text stuck on grey or the color picker box? In case it's the first, maybe you have a color overlay activated for the text layer

cindylh

it is always grey and when I try to change the text to say a red it just changes the shade of grey

dworx

just check the image mode as well. It should be RGB. If its gray scale colors will not change other than shades of grey.