What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some issues following a website design guide (psd included)

MackOG

Hi smartguys,

First question post here, exciting! :)
I'm following a guide to make a website design. This guide it is. I've skipped creating the logo and I'm working on the header now.

I've encountered following problems:

- Creating the shadow, following this part of the guide using gaussian blur.. The shadow just won't appear, as if "multiply" blend mode doesnt work?
What gaussian blur value do they mean with this "Apply Gaussian Blur filter. Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur (2-3)."? I've used 2,5.

- Creating the transparant stripes on this page. I don't seem to find the "Transparent pastels" they refer to. I've used "transparent stripes". Where can I find these "transparent pastels"?

- I think the rest is correct. Feel free to point out more mistakes!

I've included my psd. I'm not looking for you guys to fix it but I'm rather looking to learn what mistakes I've made.
Thanks in advance guys! ;)

Attachments

• whatihave.psd
    3.1 MB · Views: 6

MackOG

Some nice lad on IRC fixed the Shadow issue, only the "transparent pastels" issue is still standing

MackOG

its been found!-> gradient tool, little gear icon in upper corner of the gradient selection drop bar and under noise samples

dorothyshore

I would say that this site is simple but it has been nicely designed. Regarding this issue you can contact any professional website designers and they will help you get through it. If you need any further help then feel free to reply.