What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fixing broken (un-kerned) fontage for stroke purpose.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think this looks great! You might consider some type of subtle back lighting effect or a glow just to make it pop. You might also try tilting the STITCH text (or even a 3D postcard effect) to break up the flow of the text. Just ideas.

Good luck!

Dear IAM, could you elaborate on the 3d postcard effect? also, i've been through the iceflow vids, and still i have a kind of major issue just being able to keep my lines or strokes smooth when drawing with a mouse. i have always use the poly lasso tool for clean up, and just zoom way way in. its kind of ok when dealing with anything other than "schwoops". Case in point i am still having some major issues with the "s" because i cant get it to clean up smoothly. ill post a pic with some of the issues pointed out.halpmich.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey CAAS,

I forget that the Postcard is a 3D effect and is only available in extended versions of Photoshop. So, if you don't have an extended version then this won't help much. I actually tried a postcard from your image and since I did not have the original psd it did not turn out well.

Are you using the Pen Tool or the Poly Lasso Tool? You should be using the Pen tool. Using the pen tool eliminates the need to "draw". It's just about clicking a point and then dragging to get the right curve, no drawing required.

I did make a version with a tilt (command + T > rotate) and a rather dramatic backlight to demonstrate what I was talking about in my previous post.

stitchredux2_01.jpg