What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grass Text

Dumbo

Am back again as I've been trawling the net and this Forum for either a "grass font" (ie: a font that has a character set as if they've been cut out of grass) or a way of changing a normal font to achieve the same effect. Even better would be the possiblity of having, say, a hedge as background with a stand-out text made from the same hedge........
Is there any way of achieving this without having to have a PhD in CS5.........?? :rolleyes:

Hi D-Bo,

I threw this together very fast and I realize that this is not cut grass, but is this kinda what your looking for except in a full alphabet that you can type with?

CutGrassText_02.jpg

Have to admit IamSam that Colleague's effect is more what I'm looking for at pres. But thanks for your posting, most impressive and it could be useful. So how did you achieve the effect please?
PS: Shouldn't you be out there voting and not bothering yourself with my inane questions?

Grt link Colleague, will check it out tomorrow as I've been watching the footy tonight (Man City vs Ajax) and need my beauty sleep............... Thanks again..............

PS: Shouldn't you be out there voting and not bothering yourself with my inane questions?

Ha ha! I came to bother myself with your inane questions and they were already answered. IDK about Sam but I would've had time to help and I already voted. Now colleague, he might be interested in the outcome of our vote, but you wouldn't have seen him at the polls!
:rofl:

I was just hoping you hadn't posted grass text and claimed it as your own (after following a tutorial) like somebody else did some time ago. Kudos to you.

Have to admit IamSam that Colleague's effect is more what I'm looking for at pres. But thanks for your posting, most impressive and it could be useful.

Not a problem! I knew it was one or the two effects and Colleague had one covered so I tried the other.

Dumbo said:
So how did you achieve the effect please?
I have to leave the house for awhile, but when I come back I will post how I did it.

Dumbo said:

I like inane questions........what does that say about me! I voted during early voting........no I'm just standing by to see if it was worth it!

@ibclare - Tkx. Had seen the "borrowed" effort when I trawled this forum in the search window, that's why I posted. I thought I'd seen a way of doing it in my CS5 Bible (a book I've newly bought by a guy called Steve Caplin) but couldn't see anything, hence the posting. Still, I know where to find you when I need you and I'm sure I will......... :cheesygrin:

@ IamSam - Look fwd to seeing your post. Trust the outcome last night was what you wanted............:thumbsup:

Not a problem, I've sort of asked too, tho' I didn't want to ask outright in case IamSam doesn't want to disclose his politics and/or disappointment. And no sweat with thread-bending, I can't help doing it myself on other forums I'm on.........:rolleyes:

Well I've had a few tries following the tut suggested with varying results, none of which are ideal and wouldn't dare post on here till I've practised a bit more, but, just by the by, when I get to Step 6 "creating a bush" the tut shows screen shots of what to do and everything works like a dream except in pic 2 where "minimum roundness" is shown as 25%. When I reach this stage, "minimum roundness" is shown in light grey and I can't add a value it's shown as 0%. I really don't know if this is detracting from the desired effect but suffice it to say my results, at the mo, aren't very close to the finished product shown.............. :cry:

here also if the "roundness jitter" is 0% "minimum roundness" is grey but that's ok
I like your attempt , but there seems to be something wrong with the tips of the grass
you can try brush tip size 25 in stead of size 3

Tkx for the tip Colleague will have a go again later.............

Back