What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get two files from camera - can only open jpg, not raw in photoshop!!!

calle22

Hello tehies!

When gotten the photos from my SD-card into iphoto I get two files of the same frame - the raw(dmg) and the jpg. But when I have chosen my favs to edit and want to take them into Photoshop CS version 8.0 I can only photoshop the jpg not the raw dmg file that only can be seen as a rectangular grey image when I open it. What am I doing wrong? My photoshop is old but it could make it right?

I just want to photoshop the raw-file the quickest and best way possible - how do I get it going?

THANKS A BIG ONE!

MikeMc

McGuru
Can you see it in Bridge ? What camera is the file from?

calle22

Hello MikeMC!
Thanks for quick reply!
Bridge - sorry - not native in eng. but I see it as a picture when I search for it. I see it in the list and as a picture, if thats the bridge just as I see the jpg. I have Ricoh GR3 but got the files from SD-card reader into mac. Size for the DNG raw file was 14,6 MB.