What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Brushes

PhotonDragon12345

I know this sounds stupid.... but I'm not sure how to change, but i think i know

How do i change brushes?

Attachments

• 298f77a46d2a4bb5a0819fd.png
    298f77a46d2a4bb5a0819fd.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 17

ibclare

Queen Bee
Choose the brush tool, "B" key, click on the brush selection dropdown (as you have pictured), then click on the brush you want. You can specify size, opacity, hardness, and even blend mode (though that normally requires some experience or following a tutorial to use).

Does that answer your question or am I missing something?

Inkz

Guru
Also, if you want more brushes than you have in the panel, you will have to download some and then load them up.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you talking about changing the brush preset, click the gear icon, select the brush set you desire and click, when the window asking "replace current brushes with the brushes from DP brushes" appears then choose append or OK. Choosing append will add the brushes to your current selection. Choosing OK will load only the brush set you chose. You can always re-load the set your replacing.

The catch is, if you've made any custom brushes, you will be prompted to save them. If you don't save them they will be lost if you choose OK. I created a new brush preset named "Custom Brushes". Using the Preset Manager, I add all of my custom made brushes to this preset.

Last edited: