What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pen tool with Refine Edge tool..

Windows7

Power User
Hi guys,

Normally i used to cut out only with the "quick selection tool" but now i began with the pen tool too because you can get the job done much better sometimes. The only problem is how i can "refine edge" after i selected the piece i want to cut out and i export it as a "new layer via copy"??? After cutting out with the "quick selection tool" you can immediately choose "refine edge" but after the pen tool i can't find it?

Does somebody knows this?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Control click on the path you just made and you will get a selection, and there you go. Or apply a layer mask and then use the refine mask option.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's another way:

Once you export it as a "new layer via copy", highlight the new layer, command + click the new layers thumbnail to make a selection (marching ants), go to SELECT > REFINE EDGE.

MikeMc

McGuru
I do the refine mask, seems to work better for me.