What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another practice work i did, not happy with the lighing yet..

valravn

pratchett.jpg
patchett playing chess with death (and winning)
an homage to pratchett and the seventh seal

i think this is an improvement in comparison to my last one :)
somehow i botched death up in the end, it was cleaner looking in between...
i'm quite happy with the look of terry, what do you think?

Inkz

Guru
The left of the picture is ok but the Death side doesn't look all the good.

Death is looking rather blurry and I also see a shadow of on the wall behind him, not sure if that's meant to be there. It's quite hard to make out where the light source is coming from.

Good effort though.

Rob_IMX

I love the idea!

the chess board and old man have bright white highlights but the highlighting on death is grey and.. That is what's drawing my attention. To blend him better.. You have to match the lightning.

good luck!

Paul

Former Member
Good effort mate, like the others have said one side is slightly off a little, i would have made death a little transparent maybe?

Paul

Former Member
Hope you don't mind but i made a new layer and added white highlights to deaths gown edges then blurred and soft light over layed it to blend it better. then i made a blank layer filled with pale yellow soft lighted that and just cropped down a bit.

death.jpg

valravn

edited version, better?
pratchett.jpg

nice one paul :D
ps: i always like when someone does derivations of my things :)

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great composition Val! I'm an avid chess enthusiast!

I thought the first one was way too dark and the second one you made darker still. Find a happy medium closer to Paul's version as far as the brightness.

MikeMc

McGuru
Try dropping the brightness on the bricks a bit...let the eye go to the chess set, not the wall above I like the last one best.